Margherita Pizza

I love the simplicity of really good Margherita Pizza. This was first time I ever used a pizza stone. It really makes a big difference in the quality of the crust.

I started with a pizza dough recipe in the red Betty Crocker cookbook I've had since I was a very young bride. To shape, I placed the dough in the middle of a large piece of parchment paper. Using only my hands, I poured olive oil on the top and pressed the dough out in a circle.

The sauce consisted of 1 carton of diced Pomi tomates drained in a strainer for 30 minutes. Place in a bowl, add 1 - 2 teaspoons of dried basil, a couple of tablespooons of olive oil, salt and pepper.

Sliver a small bunch of fresh basil.

Slice 2 fresh Roma tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices and drain on paper towels.

Chop a 6 - 8 oz ball of Bufala or whole milk cows Mozzerela cheese into 1 inch pieces

Oil the prepared pizza dough. Place half the tomato mixture on dough and spread to edges evenly. Spread the fresh basil evenly on top of the tomato mixture. Layout the cheese cubes evenly on the pizza. Layout the drained tomoates slices on top of the chees. Salt, pepper and drizzle olive oil over all.

Bake until golden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corzola!

Amsterdam

Time to go!